In 2012 I was asked to write the Food Lovers’ Guide to Queens, the second NYC book in the Food Lovers’ Guide series (the first one was about Brooklyn), published by Globe Pequot Press (now Rowman & Littlefield) later that year. I spent three and a half months traveling around the borough (mostly by public transportation) eating and tasting my way though neighborhoods from Astoria to Flushing and beyond.
I was interviewed by the NYC press, a friend threw a book release party, and it was a joy to see the book in print. It remains today one of my favorite professional accomplishments—being a published author.
Below are interviews I did, newest to oldest, with their corresponding links after that.
Direct links to stories
- How to Eat Your Way Through Queens [Epoch Times, 6/25/13]
- Astorian Pens Food Lovers’ Guide to Queens [BORO Magazine pp. 29 & 31, 4/13; not pictured above]
- Astoria Food Blogger Creates Comprehensive Queens Cuisine Guide [Specialty Food Association, 1/25/13]
- Comprehensive Queens cuisine guide created by Astoria-based food blogger [NYDN, 1/24/13]
- This book will make you hungry! [Queens Chronicle, 1/17/13]
- New book offers guide to diverse Queens dining scene [Queens Courier, 1/6/13]
- New Book Offers Culinary Guide to Queens [The Forum Newsgroup, 1/2/13]
- Author Discovers Queens Through Food [Queens Tribune, 12/20/12
- We Heart Astoria Writer Publishes Food Lover’s Guide to Queens [Queens Mamas, 12/20/12]
- Food Guide Unlocks Borough’s Culinary Door [Queens Gazette,12/20/12]
- Blogger Pens Foodie Guide to Queens. [DNAinfo, 12/14/12]
Press with defunct links:
- For food lovers in Queens, a new year’s resolution [QueensBeat, 1/6/13]
- Queens Author Sinks Teeth Into Borough’s Best Eats [NY1, 1/18/13]
- “The Food Lovers’ Guide To Queens” Book Party [BORO Magazine, 2/12/13]